You see them all over the place; they permit celebrities to go from brief hair to higher lengths in an instant. Some look awful while others mix so effectively that nobody would ever suspect; however have you ever ever wondered the place the hair utilized in extensions comes from? Is it from human sources? What kind of process does it undergo earlier than it is hooked up as an extension? This text will deal with a few of these questions and provide a few different insights into the world of the hair extension industry which will curiosity the common, information in search of, consumer.
First, we should establish that there are a lot of corporations that send consumers out to acquire hair for hair extensions and, without sounding biased to 1 brand or the opposite, I will just say this... not all hair extensions
are created equal, so, buyer beware!
There are three primary classes of hair that is used for hair extensions.
• Synthetic - Hair constructed from artificial fibers which are less likely to tangle together with your pure hair however may be very vulnerable to melting as a result of warmth from hot dryers and irons.
• Animal - In particular, the animal hair that is widely used for extensions comes from the beneath-belly of the Yak. It's claimed that this type of hair, because of its texture and look, has probably the most suitable structure for use as a match for chemically relaxed and handled African-Ethnic hair. One major drawback is that from there are those who will expertise or develop allergic reactions to the Yak hair.
• Human - This hair could come from a variety of geographical regions. A word of warning: There are firms that will claim that the product you might be receiving is from a human source however on last analysis, it may be shown to contain animal hair or synthetic fibers, as well. The rationale that is allowed to occur is as a result of technicality that if a collection of hair joined to kind an extension strand comprises at the least one human strand within the combine, by authorized standards it may be marketed as human. So, when researching the place your particular extensions come from, all the time just be sure you are assured that what you are buying is 100% human hair.
Now that we've got categorized what the fundamental types of hair extensions are fabricated from, we can look somewhat additional into how the human hair, utilized in hair extensions, is collected.
Human hair collected for extensions could be categorized as:
• Remy: Meaning that all the hairs nonetheless have their cuticle layers intact with each strand faced in the same direction (this creates a natural fall to the extension, retains tangling to a minimal, and permits light reflectivity for shine). Ideally the donor of this type of hair has a protracted braid lower from their head in order to protect the quality of the cuticle layers following the same direction. Because of the care taken when gathering Remy hair, it tends to be dearer to buy but is the most desirable and suitable hair to use.
• Non-Remy: Cuticle layers should not aligned in the same directional flow. These strands are normally collected as naturally shed, fallen hair that is collected from hairbrushes. As you can imagine, this confused mixture of hair could be very prone to tangling and matting as a result of cuticle layers of the person hairs not following in the identical directions. To rectify this, these hairs are often subjected to acid therapies that take away the cuticle layers from the hair shafts, abandoning a product that's weakened and uninteresting looking. A silicone is then added to the hair to make the dull, stripped hair shinier. Over time this silicone erodes and washes away, leaving the Non-Remy tresses of their submit-chemically handled, compromised condition. Being of lesser high quality, this hair is much less value prohibitive than that of Remy hair however typically, produces a less desirable result.